In the original days of Tiki drinks were strong. They were layered with syrups, juices, and cordials to hide less than exceptional spirits. With the modern cocktail renaissance of the last twenty years however, tiki drinks have improved vastly. These amazing drinks use modifiers meant to enhance, not hide, the qualities and flavors as a showcase for exceptional spirits.
Tiki drinks have long been synonymous with rum, but other spirits, specifically gin have made a great impact on Tiki drinking culture. No Tiki repertoire would be complete without a Saturn, Suffering Bastard, or a Singapore Sling.
-Jen Akin, GM, Rumba
Wednesday March 6th at Rumba Seattle Bartenders will showcase their knowledge and passion for Tiki by creating a cocktail inspired by this incredibly popular drinks category utilizing one of ESP’s three unique Gins.
• The cocktail clash will be from 2pm to 5pm at Rumba with 8 local competitors competing for prizes.
• Competitors will have 10 minutes to make and present an original Tiki drink utilizing one of ESP’s Gins.
• Entry will be $10 at the door and provide each attendee with 2 drink tickets.
• Drink tickets are good for 1 of 5 cocktails on an ESP feature menu available all night. Additional drinks are $10.
• Light Snacks will be provided during the event
• 21 and Over Welcome!